Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer | Review



The Tarte maracuja creaseless concealer is marketed as a full coverage waterproof concealer that will cover under eye darkness, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and redness without creasing or flaking. This concealer is infused with maracuja oil -- an oil that moisturizes and helps improve the skin's texture.

It is currently available in 7 different shades from light to deep. I am usually an NC25 to NC30 in Mac foundation, and I purchased the light-medium shade and use it mostly to conceal the redness around my nose and the purple-ish old acne scars on my cheeks/chin. I don't have much of a problem with undereye circles, but when I do apply this concealer under my eyes, I notice it makes the area look a lot fuller, smoother & brighter.

I find it provides medium coverage when one thin layer is applied in a dabbing motion with my fingers, and easily builds up to full coverage with a second layer. From my personal experience, it covers the best when applied with a concealer brush.

As with all Tarte products, this is cruelty free, vegan, and formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, SLS, or gluten.


PROs:
- medium coverage, easily buildable to full coverage
- fully conceals the redness around my nose & red/purple-ish acne scars
- works well as an under eye concealer; makes the under eye area look brighter/smoother
- a very little bit goes a long way
- long lasting when set with a finishing powder
- does not exacerbate dry patches or flakiness
- does not settle into fine lines
- made without chemicals
- not tested on animals


CONs:
- the rich/creamy consistency can feel a bit heavy
- needs to be set with powder for it to be truly creaseless
- pricey ($28 for 0.28 oz @ Sephora)
- packaging need improvement; I love the bamboo cap, but it's difficult to squeeze the product out of the tube.


Overall, the Tarte creaseless concealer is the best concealer I have found for fully covering up the annoying redness around the sides of my nose and for my stubborn dark/deep purple acne scars. I think this small tube will last me quite a long time, but I'd most likely repurchase this product when I finish it. I would recommend using this concealer with a primer underneath and a light setting powder on top for optimal results.


More Photos:


the box the concealer is sold in


tube packaging


I love the bamboo cap/top!

Squeeze tube


Product out of the tube. A little goes a LONG way.
This size is enough for me to conceal under both eyes.

Product slightly spread out.

One layer dabbed on; notice my freckle is still slightly noticeable.

Second layer dabbed on gives full coverage of the freckle/mole

Love this product, too? Pin it!

What is your favorite concealer for blemishes? For under your eyes?

1 comment:

  1. I tried this at my sephora and the consistency was so thick! I'm not sure if it was because the tester tube was old or something??

    ReplyDelete