Monday, June 8, 2015

Everlane Short Sleeve and Tunic Sweatshirt | Review & Photos


This Everlane sweatshirts review post is long overdue as the temperatures outside are quickly rising and it's almost time to welcome the first day of summer! I ordered these short sleeved sweatshirts over 3 months ago and have worn/washed them multiple times. I'm very happy to report that these sweatshirts hold up extremely well in the washer and dryer!  Let's take a closer look at each style separately, shall we?


The Short Sleeve Sweatshirt
Simply put: I am absolutely in love with this sweatshirt!

The excellent quality of the neoprene-inspired french terry fabric surpasses my expectations for a $30 sweatshirt. The material is structured enough that it doesn't require ironing, yet soft enough to provide some stretch for optimal comfort. I've never owned a sweatshirt that looked brand new even after multiple washes; it doesn't pill, wrinkle, or lose it's shape after washing/drying.




The XS size is a great fit for my 5'4'' 110 lb body. My shoulders are slightly broad in proportion to the rest of my body, so the raglan sleeve style is a more flattering fit as it smoothly drapes off my shoulders as opposed to having a seam cut off right at my shoulder blades.



The sleeves can be worn cuffed or uncuffed. The length of the short sleeves are perfect for me when worn cuffed. It cuts off about 1.5 inches above my elbow so it covers the largest part of my bicep. The sleeve opening was also a great fit for me--not constricting yet not awkwardly wide.


I find the heather grey to be a lovely versatile color that pairs well with a wide variety of my other wardrobe pieces. This sweatshirt is definitely my favorite piece from Everlane so far.


The Tunic Sweatshirt
I've been really loving the marled style lately, so I could not pass up this tunic sweatshirt.


The tunic sweatshirt has a different fit and feel than the short sleeve sweatshirt. The material is 100% cotton french terry, so it is not as dense/structured as the short sleeve sweatshirt; it feels a bit softer and has more drape. I love how the marled style gives the sweatshirt depth and texture while still being super comfortable.





This sweatshirt has a longer length since it is a tunic style sweatshirt. I personally feel like it kind of makes me look shorter. I'm not really sure why I ordered a size small as I think an XS would have been more flattering for my height (5'4''). I think it's definitely still wearable so I kept it.



So the verdict is: I am 100% in love with the short sleeve sweatshirt but probably wouldn't repurchase the tunic sweatshirt.

There is no question that all the Everlane pieces I've purchased have been great quality for the price; the challenging part is always determining appropriate sizing to avoid making a return/exchange. Well, that's what blog posts and reviews are for, right?

I also reviewed their U-neck and V-neck tees as well as their weekender bag. Check out those posts for more info about Everlane.


Let me know which Everlane pieces you own and love! I'm always up for adding timeless basics to my closet ;)




3 comments:

  1. Ooo, you styled it so well! I love how the gray sweatshirt looks on you!
    I was looking at that sweatshirt on their site and it seemed too boyish for my style, but after seeing your photos I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish everlane made these in more colors. I like that heather grey one but I have so many tops in that color already. They should make it in a red clay color or a blush pink!

    ReplyDelete